Setting stock or inventory in online shop
You can set the stock of each product in the Stock field.
The product inventory is updated automatically when an order is placed. From that moment, the product is "reserved" for the customer.
This is why:
- The customer can change the payment method after the order. Not all payment providers let us know if the payment is received. Customers can also pay by bank transfer. We can never know for sure whether a payment was received. (And if the stock needs to be updated)
- A customer could pay a few hours or a day later. Meanwhile, another customer can order the same product which only one was left in stock. Then you received two payments, but you have only one product in stock.
Unfortunately, there is always a percentage of customers who change their minds last minute or find out that they have insufficient funds after their order. In this case, you will need to adjust your inventory manually.
For an infinite stock or for digital products, enter 0. If there's no stock left, change the status of the product to Sold Out.
|1||Unique product||Limited Stock|
|< 10||Less than 10||Limited Stock|
|>= 10||More than 10||Large stock|
|0||Infinite stock, dropshipping or digital product||Large stock|
|0 + Status "Sold Out"||Depleted stock||Sold out|
At Shop settings you can set the stock indication.
- Display stock
- Yes: the exact stock is displayed in the list view and on the detail page of your products.
No: the stock is never displayed. However, customers can not order more items than available in stock.
Indication: if there are less than 10 products in stock: "Limited stock" is displayed, otherwise "Large stock" appears.
When the product status is set to Sold out or Available, but not in stock, the stock is not displayed.
- Product management
- Online store configuration
- Account and shop settings
- Payment methods and Payment Service Providers
- Invoices and Terms & Conditions
- Setting shipping costs
- Discounts and surcharges
- Registering and transferring domain names
- Multilingual shop
- Connecting to external platforms
- Personalized web addresses
- Managing multiple webshops (Multishop)
- Automatic emails to customers
- Designing a beautiful layout
- Order management
- Backups and exporting data
- Email and web mail
- Administrator accounts
- High quality photos
- Two-factor authentication
- Meta tags - Website verification
- Live chat
- Visitor analysis - Google Analytics
- Point Of Sale (POS)
- Form fields
- Digital or virtual products
- Symcalia reservation system
- Contacting the helpdesk