Connecting to external platforms
Connections (previously called Apps) connect your webshop to external parties such as payment providers, delivery services, marketing platforms and office applications.
You can find connections at Settings > More options > Connections.
If Connections is not displayed in the menu, first adjust the user experience level to Advanced, at Settings > More options > User experience level.
Types of connections
Premium connections are well supported by our platform and are used by many of our customers.
They are stable and easy to use.
These type of connections allow you to connect your webshop to a payment provider. Usually they perform two actions:
- Create a payment button on the thank you page after your customers confirm their order
- Send an API call to change the order status to "Payment received" on successful payment
On a failed payment the customer will be redirected to the thank you page again where another payment method can be chosen.
You do not have to connect to a payment provider for bank, bitcoin and cash payments.
These type of connections allow you to connect to a delivery service.
- During checkout, your customers can select a delivery option and/or a pick-up location on a map
- The parcel will be created automatically for you in your account at the delivery service
These type of connections make it possible to connect to product aggregators.
They provide an easy way for exporting your products to other platforms.
These type of connections allow you to synchronize orders with business and office applications.
- Creating sales reports
They can provide extra features such as a search box or a cookie warning.
Please note that widgets can make web requests to external web addresses. This can make your website slower and affect the privacy of your visitors. We recommend using them with caution.
EasyWebshop is a feature rich application. You probably don't need many external connections because a lot of functionality is already available on the platform.
Modules can be activated or deactivated to provide extra features for your webshop. They are more tightly integrated than connections, which connect to an external party.
Connections on request
Developing new connections and providing technical support is expensive for us. To keep our pricing attractive, we only connect to platforms that are of most interest to our users.
If you want to connect to a platform that is not listed in the connections, you can contact us for developing a new connection.
- Connecting with a payment provider, shipping service or business application
- Adding new webshop features
Feel free to contact us for more information about integrating new features.
Installing a connection
Click on the Overview tab at the top of the page. You can find the connections in the list or use the search feature to filter the connections.
- Click on the logo of the connection to obtain more information
- Click on the Add button
- More information will be provided, click on the Confirm button
If documentation is available - this is the case for most connections - you will see a window with instructions for configuring the connection. Usually API-keys have to be copied and entered in the form below.
Please read the documentation carefully. It is kept briefly and contains important information for connecting. No technical or programming knowledge is required for installing a connection. The process is always straightforward and screen captures are provided.
Use your own data and not the example data that is shown on the screen captures. Some connections will not work if for example API-keys are not entered correctly. Make sure there are no white spaces before or after API-keys.
- Click the Save button to save the configuration
- Test to see if it works
All documentation can be found separately for each connection on ews.wiki.
Editing or deleting a connection
After adding connections they will appear under the Active connections tab. This page gives you an overview of all installed connections and their configuration.
Below each connection you will find the Edit and Delete buttons.
Developing your own connection
It is possible to have an external developer write a new connection for you. The EasyWebshop API can be used for this.
Connections live on their own server. If they are installed correctly, they can be used by all shops of EasyWebshop.
Please use a competent developer. Most of these development projects fail because of an inexperienced developer. Do not intent to write a connection yourself if you don't have the technical knowledge. Our support service can not help with programming questions.
Next page: Personalized web addresses
- Product management
- Online store configuration
- Account and shop settings
- Payment methods and Payment Service Providers
- Invoices and Terms & Conditions
- Setting shipping costs
- Discounts and surcharges
- Registering and transferring domain names
- Multilingual shop
- Connecting to external platforms
- Personalized web addresses
- Managing multiple webshops (Multishop)
- Automatic emails to customers
- Designing a beautiful layout
- Order management
- Backups and exporting data
- Email and web mail
- Administrator accounts
- High quality photos
- Two-factor authentication
- Meta tags - Website verification
- Live chat
- Visitor analysis - Google Analytics
- Point Of Sale (POS)
- Form fields
- Digital or virtual products
- Symcalia reservation system
- Contacting the helpdesk