Visitor analysis - Google Analytics
You like to know how many potential customers visit your shop, what products they view, from which countries they are, and through which websites and what keywords they arrive on your website.
All our shops are equipped with a visitor analysis application. This can be found at Dashboard > Visitor Analysis.
Install a visitor analysis application yourself
The visitor analysis application of [ADMIN_WEB_TITLE] can be used in combination with Google Analytics or with any other visitor counter. This gives you a more complete overview of your visitors.
Navigate to Settings > Modules > Visitor analysis.
If Modules is not displayed in the menu, first adjust the user level to Expert, at Settings > User experience level.
- Create an account with a provider for visitor analysis
- Activate the module Visitor analysis at [ADMIN_WEB_TITLE]
- Copy the HTML code provided by the supplier and paste it in the Visitor analysis code field
- Copy the URL you use to view the visitor analysis and paste it in the Visitor analysis URL
- Click Save
The visitor analysis code will automatically be placed on the correct location on every page of your shop.
Installing Google Analytics
A popular provider for visitor analysis is Google Analytics. Google Analytics is free, doesn't leave an icon or ads on the website and it gives you useful information.
Google Analytics graph of the start of [ADMIN_WEB_TITLE].
Below is the procedure for installing Google Analytics yourself:
Step 1: Create an account with Google
If you already have a Google account, you can skip the first step. If you have a Gmail address, you also have a Google Account.
In all other cases, you can create an account with Google Analytics. Optionally, change the interface to your desired language.
Click Sign Up Now.
Click Create an account now.
Fill in all information and click I agree. Create my account.
You will receive a confirmation email from Google. Click on the link in this email to confirm your account.
Step 2: Sign up for Google Analytics
If you already have a Google account, you can start from here.
Login to Google Analytics. Click the blue button Access Analytics. Enter your email address and chosen password.
Sign up for Google Analytics
Enter the details of your website and click Continue.
- Fill out the form
- Accept the user agreement
Step 3: Install the Google Analytics tracking code
You have arrived at the most important step: copy the code you receive from Google Analytics. Don't worry, you don't need to understand the code. Select the full code - so that it turns blue - and right click on the selection. Then select Copy.
- Navigate on [ADMIN_WEB_TITLE] to Settings > Modules > Analysis.
- Activate the module.
- Paste the code of Google Analytics in the Visitor analysis code. You can do this by placing your cursor in the text field, click right and choose Paste.
- Enter the Visitor analysis URL:
- Click Save.
Click Save and Finish on the website of Google Analytics.
Congratulations! Google Analytics is now installed on your online shop. Click View report to view your visitor analysis. The first time you won't see much. The visitor analytics are fully active after about 24 hours.
You can always find the tracking code for your website on Google Analytics, click Edit on the relevant website, then click Check status at Information about the main website profile.
Next page: Filters
- Product management
- Online store configuration
- Account and shop settings
- Payment methods and Payment Service Providers
- Invoices and Terms & Conditions
- Setting shipping costs
- Discounts and surcharges
- Registering and transferring domain names
- Multilingual shop
- Connecting to external platforms
- Personalized web addresses
- Managing multiple webshops (Multishop)
- Automatic emails to customers
- Designing a beautiful layout
- Order management
- Backups and exporting data
- Email and web mail
- Administrator accounts
- High quality photos
- Two-factor authentication
- Meta tags - Website verification
- Live chat
- Visitor analysis - Google Analytics
- Point Of Sale (POS)
- Form fields
- Digital or virtual products
- Symcalia reservation system
- Contacting the helpdesk