How can I change my homepage?
- Navigate to Management > CMS
- Choose the page Home
You can now enter your own welcome text and add photos and/or videos.
- Click Save
Show or hide products and categories
At Settings > Shop settings you can set if and how many categories and products must be shown on your homepage.
To prevent the home page becomming too large, only main categories and a maximum of 24 products are shown. The other categories and products can be found at Webshop.
You can also choose which products you want to displayed on the homepage. For each product there is an option Promote this product on the homepage of my shop under Advanced options. Activate this on the products that you want to display. These products will then be displayed randomly on the homepage.
Show or hide a slideshow
You can add a Slideshow (or slider) to your homepage.
Show or hide social networks
At Marketing > Social networks you can set if and which social networks must be shown on your homepage.
Some common mistakes
- Text with low contrast
- Text that is irritating to read
- Large blocks of text in italics are difficult to read
- AVOID USING CAPITAL LETTERS
- Avoid repeating punctuation!!!
- Do not write "Welcome in my shop, ...": people know they are visiting your shop
- Product management
- Online store configuration
- Account and shop settings
- Payment methods and Payment Service Providers
- Invoices and Terms & Conditions
- Setting shipping costs
- Discounts and surcharges
- Registering and transferring domain names
- Multilingual shop
- Connecting to external platforms
- Personalized web addresses
- Managing multiple webshops (Multishop)
- Automatic emails to customers
- Designing a beautiful layout
- Order management
- Backups and exporting data
- Email and web mail
- Administrator accounts
- High quality photos
- Two-factor authentication
- Meta tags - Website verification
- Live chat
- Visitor analysis - Google Analytics
- Point Of Sale (POS)
- Form fields
- Digital or virtual products
- Symcalia reservation system
- Contacting the helpdesk